- Starla, Zeg, & Darington do not appear in this episode.
- This is the first episode to feature only one of Blaze's Monster Machine friends (not counting Crusher and Pickle).
- Going by production order, this is the seventh episode of the first season.
- Axle City does not appear in this episode, although the ocean, the island and the beach right next to the main city (absent in this episode) all appear.
- This is the first episode to feature an island. Also, this is the first episode where Crusher and Pickle are inside the island as well.
- The crab makes its first appearance.
- The STEM song comes first, instead of the travel song.
- The shot of Blaze activating his Blazing Speed is an edited shot from Blaze of Glory.
- Part of the High Speed Adventures DVD.
- This episode marks the first time a friend of Blaze joins him for the adventure, in this case Stripes.
- This is the first episode where Blaze doesn't honk his horn once.
- Blaze said Pickle's name and interacted with Pickle for the first time.
- This is the first time Gabby rides with Blaze.
- This is the second, and to date, last episode where Blaze’s transformation requires four parts instead of three after The Driving Force.
- A crab repeatedly pinching Crusher.
- The title of the episode may be a pun on the term, "epic fail".
- When Stripes grabs the mast, his tiger claws are retracted, but return when he hops back to Blaze.
- The last time Blaze yells "Jump, Stripes!", his mouth doesn't move.
- When Blaze gets everyone together to follow after the sail, Gabby's ponytail is missing.